Removing useless #include's.

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Removing useless #include's.
Date: 2018-02-15 11:04:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello.

While looking some patch, just from curiosity, I checked for
redundant #include's in the source tree (except
contrib). "redundant" here means that a file is included in
another include file nearby.

I found 641 includes that is just removable with no side effect
with two exceptions.

- src/common/saslprep.c

A comment that suggests linking wchar.c was placed just above
'#include "mb/pg_wchar.h" but it is now just above "#include
"common/unicode_norm.h" but the comment seems to be used as is.

- backend/storage/lmgr/spin.c

spin.c and spin.h don't aggree on the necessity of pg_sema.h
when HAVE_SPINLOCKS is defined. I post a mail about this issue
separately.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
remove_useless_includes.patch.gz application/octet-stream 21.5 KB