Re: Add more information_schema columns

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add more information_schema columns
Date: 2018-02-06 22:15:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 03:16:59PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> What possible point can there be to such an expression? It's always 0.
>
> rhaas=# select distinct tgtype::smallint & 1 & 66 from
> generate_series(-32768,32767) tgtype;
> ?column?
> ----------
> 0
> (1 row)

Of course you are right here. I just had a look at the patch again
after waking up and the current patch builds action_order based only on
action_timing and action_orientation, but it forgets event_manipulation.
For example row and statement triggers are correctly filtered, but the
ordering number includes both insert, update and delete types. So what
you need to use instead is (t.tgtype & 1), (t.tgtype & 66) as filter.
--
Michael