Re: [HACKERS] Refactoring identifier checks to consistently use strcmp

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Refactoring identifier checks to consistently use strcmp
Date: 2018-02-02 04:13:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 02:03:23PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> I think it's a shame that the commit message didn't document (for the
> release notes) exactly which cases just got changed incompatibly. I
> admit that not many people are likely to get bitten by this, but I
> still think it's better if we're precise about what might cause a
> particular user to be in that set.

v7 posted in [1] of the patch was doing a pretty good job on this side
because it included regression tests for all the code paths involved by
the change. The final commit has shaved some of them, but here is a
list for reference based on my notes:
CREATE/ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY
CREATE TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE
CREATE TEXT SEARCH PARSER