Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11
Date: 2018-01-30 00:15:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 04:34:48PM +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> In terms of timing of commits, I have marked the patch Ready For
> Committer. To me that signifies that it is ready for review by a
> Committer prior to commit.

My understanding of this meaning is different than yours. It should not
be the author's role to mark his own patch as ready for committer, but
the role of one or more people who have reviewed in-depth the proposed
patch and feature concepts. If you can get a committer-level individual
to review your patch, then good for you. But review basics need to
happen first. And based on my rough lookup of this thread this has not
happened yet. Other people on this thread are pointing out that as
well.
--
Michael