Re: [HACKERS] INSERT .. ON CONFLICT DO SELECT [FOR ..]

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(at)joh(dot)to>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] INSERT .. ON CONFLICT DO SELECT [FOR ..]
Date: 2018-01-22 23:29:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings,

* Marko Tiikkaja (marko(at)joh(dot)to) wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 6:39 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie> wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 8:34 PM, Michael Paquier
> > <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > > The patch does not currently apply. I am noticing as well that Peter
> > > Geoghegan has registered himself as a reviewer a couple of hours back,
> > > so moved to next CF with waiting on author as status.
> >
> > Marko unregistered me, so I promptly reregistered. You'll have to ask him
> > why.
>
> Oops. I didn't mean to do what I did, and I apologize. I had my months
> mixed up and I thought this commit fest had ended without you having looked
> at the patch, so I assumed you would register in the next CF if you were
> still interested, or someone else could pick it up.
>
> In any case, *I* don't have any interest in pursuing this patch at this
> point. I think this is a really good feature, and as far as I know the
> patch is technically solid, or at least was when it still applied. Can
> someone else take it from here?

Given that there hasn't been any further progress on this, I'm going to
go ahead and mark it as returned with feedback. It'll be in the
archives and in the CF app if someone decides to pick it up but there
doesn't seem much point leaving it as Waiting for Author in this CF when
the author doesn't have further time/interest in it.

Thanks!

Stephen