Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: andres(at)anarazel(dot)de
Cc: Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp, david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com, rajkumar(dot)raghuwanshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com, robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com, dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com, memissemerson(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Date: 2018-01-19 03:00:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

At Thu, 18 Jan 2018 11:41:00 -0800, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote in <20180118194100(dot)dy3kxdtktsbvm4eq(at)alap3(dot)anarazel(dot)de>
> Hi Amit,
>
> It seems your mail system continually adds "[Sender Address Forgery]"
> prefixes to messages. E.g. this mail now has
> Subject: Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
> as its subject, whereas the mail you're replying to only had
> Subject: Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
> two of them.
>
> I think the two previous occurances of this also are from you.
>
> This is somewhat annoying, could you try to figure out a) what the
> problem is b) how to prevent the subject being edited like that?

Our mail server is failing to fetch SPF record for David's mails
that received directly (not via -hakders ML) and the server adds
the subject header. It is failing to fetch SPF record for
2ndquadrant.com. The reason might be that the envelope-from of
his mails is not consistent with his server's IP address.

Anyway, mails via -hackers ML doesn't suffer so, what Amit (and
I) side can do by myself is one of the following.

- Being careful to reply to the mails comming via the ML.
- Remove the added header by hand..

And I'd like to ask David to check out his mail environment so
that SPF record is available for his message.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center