Re: User defined data types in Logical Replication

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Huong Dangminh <huo-dangminh(at)ys(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Hiroshi Yanagisawa <hir-yanagisawa(at)ut(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Subject: Re: User defined data types in Logical Replication
Date: 2018-01-05 18:53:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hash_seq_init in logicalrep_typmap_invalidate_cb is useless after your
patch. If you remove it, the function becomes empty, so why is it there
an invalidation callback at all?

Are we now leaking memory if types keep repeatedly being re-created in
the origin? I suppose it's not a common use pattern, but it'd be good
to avoid everlasting memleaks.