Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM and ANALYZE disagreeing on what reltuples means

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM and ANALYZE disagreeing on what reltuples means
Date: 2018-01-05 04:25:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tomas,

* Michael Paquier (michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 6:40 AM, Tomas Vondra
> <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> > Thanks for looking into this. I agree your patch is more consistent and
> > generally cleaner.
>
> This is classified as a bug fix, and is marked as waiting on author. I
> am moving it to next CF as work continues.

This is still in waiting-on-author state; it'd be great to get your
thoughts on where this patch is and what the next steps are to move it
forward. If you need additional feedback or there needs to be more
discussion (perhaps with Tom) then maybe this should be in needs-review
instead, but it'd be great if you could review the discussion and patch
again and at least provide an update on it (last update from you was in
November).

Thanks!

Stephen