Re: GSoC 2018

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GSoC 2018
Date: 2018-01-05 02:26:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alexander,

* Alexander Korotkov (a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru) wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 11:36 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:
> > * Stephen Frost (sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net) wrote:
> > > The deadline for Mentoring organizations to apply is: January 23.
> >
> > We currently only have four (4) projects for 2018 listed on our
> > projects page here:
> >
> > https://wiki.postgresql.org/index.php?title=GSoC_2018
>
> Could 2017 project ideas be reused this year? IIRC, only 3 of project
> ideas were used last year.

Yes! As I mentioned in my initial email, they simply need to be updated
and we need to make sure that we have mentors for them.

If you're willing to mentor for one or multiple, please review the
description, remove the previous mentors and put yourself and then
update the '2017' to be '2018' and we'll include it. Also, feel free to
contact the other former mentors if you believe the'll be interested in
mentoring again this year.

What I don't want to do is assume that people who volunteered to mentor
last year are willing to do so again this year.

Thanks!

Stephen