Re: [HACKERS] Flexible configuration for full-text search

From: Aleksandr Parfenov <a(dot)parfenov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Flexible configuration for full-text search
Date: 2017-12-26 11:50:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 26 Dec 2017 13:51:03 +0300
Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 05:15:07PM +0300, Aleksandr Parfenov wrote:
>
> Is I understood users need to rewrite their configurations if they
> use unaccent dictionary, for example. It is not good I think. Users
> will be upset about that if they use only old configuration and they
> don't need new configuration.
>
> From my point of view it is necessary to keep old configuration
> syntax.

I see your point. I will rework a patch to keep the backward
compatibility and return the TSL_FILTER entry into documentation.

> > I decide to rename newly added column to 'configuration' and keep
> > column 'dictionaries' with an array of all dictionaries used in
> > configuration (no matter how). Also, I fixed a bug in 'command'
> > output of the ts_debug in some cases.
>
> Maybe it would be better to keep the 'dictionary' column name? Is
> there a reason why it was renamed to 'command'?

I changed the name bacause it may contain more than one dictionary
interconnected via operators (e.g. 'english_stem UNION simple') and
the word 'dictionary' doesn't fully describe a content of the column
now. Also, a type of column was changed from regdictionary to text in
order to put operators into the output.

--
Aleksandr Parfenov
Russian Postgres Company