|From:||Aleksandr Parfenov <a(dot)parfenov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>|
|To:||Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>|
|Cc:||Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>|
|Subject:||Re: [HACKERS] Flexible configuration for full-text search|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
Thank you for the review.
On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 17:46:42 +0300
Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> I noticed that there are typos in the documentation. And I think it
> is necessary to keep information about previous sintax. The syntax
> will be supported anyway. For example, information about TSL_FILTER
> was removed. And it will be good to add more examples of the new
In the current version of the patch, configurations written in old
syntax are rewritten into the same configuration in the new syntax.
Since new syntax doesn't support a TSL_FILTER, it was removed from the
documentation. It is possible to store configurations written in old
syntax in a special way and simulate a TSL_FILTER behavior for them.
But it will lead to maintenance of two different behavior of the FTS
depends on a version of the syntax used during configuration. Do you
think we should keep both behaviors?
> The result of ts_debug() function was changed. Is it possible to keep
> the old ts_debug() result? To be specific, 'dictionaries' column is
> text now, not array, as I understood. It will be good to keep the
> result for the sake of backward compatibility.
Columns' 'dictionaries' and 'dictionary' type were changed to text
because after the patch the configuration may be not a plain array of
dictionaries but a complex expression tree. In the column
'dictionaries' the result is textual representation of configuration
and it is the same as a result of \dF+ description of the configuration.
I decide to rename newly added column to 'configuration' and keep
column 'dictionaries' with an array of all dictionaries used in
configuration (no matter how). Also, I fixed a bug in 'command' output
of the ts_debug in some cases.
Additionally, I added some examples to documentation regarding
multilingual search and combination of exact and linguistic-aware
search and fixed typos.
|Next Message||Teodor Sigaev||2017-12-25 14:19:46||Re: genomic locus|
|Previous Message||Fabien COELHO||2017-12-25 14:12:19||Re: General purpose hashing func in pgbench|