Re: [HACKERS] Flexible configuration for full-text search

From: Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Aleksandr Parfenov <a(dot)parfenov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Flexible configuration for full-text search
Date: 2017-12-21 14:46:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 05:31:09PM +0300, Aleksandr Parfenov wrote:

> The new version of the patch is in attachment as well as a
> little README file with a description of changes in each file. Any
> feedback is welcome.

I looked the patch a little bit. The patch is applied and tests passed.

I noticed that there are typos in the documentation. And I think it is necessary to keep information about previous sintax. The syntax will be supported anyway. For example, information about TSL_FILTER was removed. And it will be good to add more examples of the new syntax.

The result of ts_debug() function was changed. Is it possible to keep the old ts_debug() result? To be specific, 'dictionaries' column is text now, not array, as I understood. It will be good to keep the result for the sake of backward compatibility.

--
Arthur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company