Re: [HACKERS] Flexible configuration for full-text search

From: Aleksandr Parfenov <a(dot)parfenov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Artur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Flexible configuration for full-text search
Date: 2017-12-19 14:31:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Tue, 31 Oct 2017 09:47:57 +0100
Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com> wrote:

> I am glad you liked it. Though, I think we should get approval from
> more senior community members or committers about the syntax, before
> we put more effort to the code.

I postpone a new version of the patch in order to wait for more
feedback, but I think now is the time to send it to push discussion
further.

I keep in mind all the feedback during reworking a patch, so the FTS
syntax and behavior changed since previous one. But I'm not sure about
one last thing:

> CASE polish_stopword -- stopword counting
> WHEN NO MATCH THEN polish_isspell
> END
>
> Do you think it is possible?

If we will count tokens in such a case, any dropped words will be
counted too. For example:

CASE banned_words
WHEN NO MATCH THEN some_dictionary
END

And I'm not sure about that behavior due to implicit use of the
token produced by 'banned_words' dictionary in the example. In the third
version of patch I keep the behavior without an implicit use of
tokens for counting.

The new version of the patch is in attachment as well as a
little README file with a description of changes in each file. Any
feedback is welcome.

--
Aleksandr Parfenov
Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-flexible-fts-configuration-v3.patch text/x-patch 162.1 KB
0001-flexible-fts-configuration-v3-readme.md text/markdown 2.9 KB