Re: CUBE seems a bit confused about ORDER BY

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: CUBE seems a bit confused about ORDER BY
Date: 2017-12-08 08:21:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: tested, passed
Implements feature: tested, passed
Spec compliant: tested, passed
Documentation: tested, passed

Hi! I've reviewed the patch.
Patch works as expected, documented and tested.

The code does not use LL_COORD and UR_COORD used all around. But the code still is easily readable.

LL_COORD and UR_COORD are always combined with Min or Max function, so LL (Lower Left) and UR (Upper Right) are somewhat irrelevant names...
BTW if we swap implementation of these macro-funcs and fix cube_out, almost all tests pass again. This is evidence of good compatibility and shows that compatibility overhead is added everywhere.

I think that this patch is ready for committer.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer