Re: taking stdbool.h into use

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: taking stdbool.h into use
Date: 2017-10-26 17:51:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Here is an updated patch set. This is just a rebase of the previous
> set, no substantial changes. Based on the discussion so far, I'm
> proposing that 0001 through 0007 could be ready to commit after review,
> whereas the remaining two need more work at some later time.

I gave this a quick run, to see if my compiler would complain for things
like this:

bool isprimary = flags & INDEX_CREATE_IS_PRIMARY;

(taken from the first patch at
https://postgr.es/m/20171023161503.ohkybquxrlech7d7@alvherre.pgsql )

which is assigning a value other than 1/0 to a bool variable without an
explicit cast. I thought it would provoke a warning, but it does not.
Is that expected? Is my compiler too old/new?

config.log says
gcc version 6.3.0 20170516 (Debian 6.3.0-18)