Re: alter table doc fix

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: alter table doc fix
Date: 2017-10-18 11:37:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Amit Langote wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Noticed that a alter table sub-command's name in Description (where it's
> OWNER) differs from that in synopsis (where it's OWNER TO). Attached
> patch to make them match, if the difference is unintentional.

I agree -- pushed.

This paragraph

<para>
The actions for identity columns (<literal>ADD
IDENTITY</literal>), as well as the actions
and <literal>TABLESPACE</literal> never recurse to descendant tables;
that is, they always act as though <literal>ONLY</literal> were specified.
Adding a constraint recurses only for <literal>CHECK</literal> constraints
that are not marked <literal>NO INHERIT</literal>.
</para>

is a bit annoying, though I think it'd be worse if we "fix" it to be
completely strict about the subcommands it refers to.