BUG #14846: Failed to load SQL modules into the database cluster.

From: gis(dot)dur(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: gis(dot)dur(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #14846: Failed to load SQL modules into the database cluster.
Date: 2017-10-08 08:36:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 14846
Logged by: gis dur
Email address: gis(dot)dur(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 10.0
Operating system: Windows 10 64bit

* Short description
The Windows installer "postgresql-10.0-1-windows-x64.exe" prompts the
following message:
Failed to load SQL modules into the database cluster.

* The exact sequence of steps
(1) Download "postgresql-10.0-1-windows-x64.exe"
(2) Run the exe
(3) Set the admin password something that contains more than one '%'s, or a
'<', or a '>'. Example: =%1234%>
(4) Leave every other option by default, go next, go next...

* The output I got
The Windows installer prompts the following message:
Failed to load SQL modules into the database cluster.

* The output I expected
No failure message during installation.

* Any command line options and other start-up options
None

* Anything I did at all differently from the installation instructions
As I wrote above, the failure message appears only when I include more than
one '%'s, or a '<', or a '>' for the admin password.
When I clean-install it again using no '%'s nor a '<' nor a '>', now the
prompt does not appear, and the installation ends successfully.

* The PostgreSQL version
10.0

* Platform information
Windows 10 Home (64 bit)

* Other information
I think this is the same issue reported as BUG #12802

Thank you.