Re: Old row version in hot chain become visible after a freeze

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: "Wong, Yi Wen" <yiwong(at)amazon(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, "Wood, Dan" <hexpert(at)amazon(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Old row version in hot chain become visible after a freeze
Date: 2017-09-28 16:47:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Okay, I have pushed this patch now backpatched to all branches since
> 9.3, after staring at this code for way too long.

By the way, as a side-effect of this commit, heapam.c has gone from
76.6% covered to 78.6% covered; in particular, FreezeMultiXactId() has
gone from absolutely not touched at all to having about half its lines
covered; also some newly covered paths in heap_prepare_freeze_tuple.
It's not a huge increase, but it's a start. IMO we need some more test
cases to cover a few more branches here ...