Re: Old row version in hot chain become visible after a freeze

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: "Wong, Yi Wen" <yiwong(at)amazon(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, "Wood, Dan" <hexpert(at)amazon(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Old row version in hot chain become visible after a freeze
Date: 2017-09-28 14:56:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Okay, I have pushed this patch now backpatched to all branches since
9.3, after staring at this code for way too long. I spent a lot of time
testing it to ensure things are correct, but please double-check.

Many thanks to Dan Wood for the initial diagnosys, and to Yi Wen and
Michael for the review and discussion.