Re: compress method for spgist - 2

From: Darafei Praliaskouski <me(at)komzpa(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Fedor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Nikita Glukhov <n(dot)gluhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: compress method for spgist - 2
Date: 2017-09-20 19:00:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: not tested
Implements feature: not tested
Spec compliant: not tested
Documentation: tested, passed

Hi,

I like the SP-GiST part of the patch. Looking forward to it, so PostGIS can benefit from SP-GiST infrastructure.

I have some questions about the circles example though.

* What is the reason for isnan check and swap of box ordinates for circle? It wasn't in the code previously.
* There are tests for infinities in circles, but checks are for NaNs.
* It seems to me that circle can be implemented without recheck, by making direct exact calculations.
How about removing circle from the scope of this patch, so it is smaller and cleaner?