max_replication_slots in subscriber for subscription?

From: jonny(dot)battiato(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2017-09-18 17:04:50
Lists: pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/logical-replication-config.html

Hi!

In this section:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/logical-replication-config.html

the following sentences make no sense in the way replication slots are
designed:

"The subscriber also requires the max_replication_slots to be set. In this
case it should be set to at least the number of subscriptions that will be
added to the subscriber."

I can understand if the subscriber would be used as a publisher as well, so
the second sentence could make more sense as follows:

"In this case it should be set to at least the number of publications that
will be added to the subscriber."

Could you please check?
And if I'm wrong, I would appreciate a little more clear explanation.

Many thanks,
Jonathan