Re: psql: new help related to variables are not too readable

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql: new help related to variables are not too readable
Date: 2017-09-13 14:51:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Most of the time I suppose you'd search (using the pager's search
function) whatever you're looking for, rather than read the whole
page from top to bottom.

Why is it that we're not opening the pager automatically when this help
is invoked via psql --help=variables? "\? variables" already does that.