Re: GnuTLS support

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GnuTLS support
Date: 2017-09-01 20:33:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 1:52 PM, Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se> wrote:

> >> There are currently two failing SSL tests which at least to me seems more
> >> like they test specific OpenSSL behaviors rather than something which need
> >> to be true for all SSL libraries.
>
> > I don't know what we should do about these issues.
>
> Maybe the SSL test suite needs to be implementation-specific as well.

If only two tests fail currently, I suggest that the thing to do is to
split it up in generic vs. library-specific test files. It should be
easy to do with the TAP framework -- just move the library-specific
tests to their own file and mark it as skipped at the start of the file
when a different library is detected.