Re: pg_stop_backup(wait_for_archive := true) on standby server

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_stop_backup(wait_for_archive := true) on standby server
Date: 2017-07-27 14:27:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Noah, all,

* Noah Misch (noah(at)leadboat(dot)com) wrote:
> This PostgreSQL 10 open item is past due for your status update. Kindly send
> a status update within 24 hours, and include a date for your subsequent status
> update. Refer to the policy on open item ownership:

Based on the ongoing discussion, this is really looking like it's
actually a fix that needs to be back-patched to 9.6 rather than a PG10
open item. I don't have any issue with keeping it as an open item
though, just mentioning it. I'll provide another status update on or
before Monday, July 31st.

I'll get to work on the back-patch and try to draft up something to go
into the release notes for 9.6.4.

Thanks!

Stephen