Re: [patch] pg_dump/pg_restore zerror() and strerror() mishap

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Kunshchikov Vladimir <Vladimir(dot)Kunshchikov(at)infotecs(dot)ru>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [patch] pg_dump/pg_restore zerror() and strerror() mishap
Date: 2017-07-26 16:40:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Kunshchikov Vladimir wrote:
> Hello Alvaro, thanks for the feedback, fixed all of your points.
> Attached new version of patch.

Looks great -- it's a lot smaller than the original even. One final
touch -- see cfread(), where we have an #ifdef where we test for
fp->compressedfp; the "#else" branch uses the same code as the
!fp->compressedfp. I think your get_cfp_error can be written more
simply using that form. (Also, your version probably errors or warns
about "code before declaration" in that routine, which is not allowed in
C89.)