Re: shift_sjis_2004 related autority files are remaining

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com
Cc: horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp, michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: shift_sjis_2004 related autority files are remaining
Date: 2017-06-25 00:20:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I don't have a clear opinion on this particular issue, but I think we
> should have clarity on why particular files or code exist. So why do
> these files exist and the others don't? Is it just the license?

I think so.

Many of those files are from http://ftp.unicode.org. There's no
license description there, so I think we should not copy those files
for safety reason. (I vaguely recall that they explicitly prohibited
to distribute the files before but I could no find such a statement at
this moment).

gb-18030-2000.xml and windows-949-2000.xml are from
https://ssl.icu-project.org/. I do not know what licenses those files
use (maybe Apache).

Regarding euc-jis-2004-std.txt and sjis-0213-2004-std.txt are from
http://x0213.org. The license are described in the files.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii