Re: Broken hint bits (freeze)

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Sergey Burladyan <eshkinkot(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Vladimir Borodin <root(at)simply(dot)name>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dmitriy Sarafannikov <dsarafannikov(at)yandex(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Broken hint bits (freeze)
Date: 2017-06-16 20:47:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 04:44:46PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Yes, that is _exactly_ the right place to look. Only in PG 10 do we
> restart the new cluster to invalidate hash indexes. In previous
> releases we didn't do the restart.
>
> That didn't matter with the old rsync instructions, but now that we have
> removed the start/stop before rsync step, the final WAL status of
> pg_upgrade matters.
>
> I suggest applying the attached patch

Sorry, I meant to say, I suggest applying the attached patch to all
Postgres versions, of course modified. While the rsync instructions
only appear in PG 9.5+, the instructions work for any supported version of
Postgres, so we should allow it to continue working, even if the updated
instructions are used.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Ancient Roman grave inscription +