improve release-note for pg_current_logfile()

From: Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: improve release-note for pg_current_logfile()
Date: 2017-06-14 05:59:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

When I am reading the PG 10 release-notes, I found the following item.

> Add function pg_current_logfile() to read syslog's current stderr and csvlog output file names (Gilles Darold)

This confused me because "syslog" is one of method for logging as well
as stderr and csvlog. I guess it is intended syslogger, but I think that
"logging collector" is more convenient for users because this is used in
the pg_current_logfile() documentation.

pg_current_logfile returns, as text, the path of the log file(s) currently in use by the logging collector.

Attached is a patch to fix it.

Regards,

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>

Attachment Content-Type Size
release_note_pg_current_logfile.pach application/octet-stream 541 bytes