Re: pg_upgrade translation

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-translators(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade translation
Date: 2017-05-28 18:39:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-translators

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Translatability was turned on for pg_upgrade on pg10, but it needs some
> work. The choices are we fix it now, or we revert the addition of NLS
> there and we do it for PG11.

Here are two patches to fix the messages, replacing "new" with "target"
and "old" with "source". I was going to do just the first one
initially, but I figured that the output would become wildly
inconsistent if I stopped at that point.

Now we still have one inconsistency left: the command-line options
--old-bindir --new-datadir etc all contain the words "new" and "old".
Same with a bunch of environment variables. I think the real solution
is that we should change those to --source-bindir and --target-datadir
respectively (and the other ones continue to work for backwards
compatibility), but then maybe leave them alone.

I'll continue fixing things.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-pg_upgrade-Fix-s-server-cluster-wording.patch text/plain 5.3 KB
0002-pg_upgrade-in-translatable-messages-s-new-target-and.patch text/plain 26.7 KB