BUG #14669: logical replication isn't working

From: ineyman(at)perceptron(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #14669: logical replication isn't working
Date: 2017-05-24 17:36:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 14669
Logged by: Igor Neyman
Email address: ineyman(at)perceptron(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 10beta1
Operating system: Windows

Installed 10BETA1 which I downloaded from EnterpriseDB. Can't make logical
replication working.

Created Publication on “source” PG server just fine, but when I’m trying to
CREATE SUBSCRIPTION… on “destination” server, I’m getting:

“ERROR: could not connect to the publisher: could not send data to server:
Socket is not connected (0x00002749/10057) could not send SSL negotiation
packet: Socket is not connected (0x00002749/10057) SQL state: XX000”

In order to verify that connection works between “destination” and “source”
servers:
I created Postgres_fdw extension on “destination” server,
then I created server “fdw_server” foreign data wrapper postgres_fdw with
the same connection options that I’m using when I’m trying to CREATE
SUBSCRIPTION,
and it works fine: using this server (fdw_server) I can create foreign
tables to access tables on the “source” server, and see select from these
foreign tables.
So, it looks like a problem with logical replication and not with my
setup/configuration.