Re: Preliminary results for proposed new pgindent implementation

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Piotr Stefaniak <postgres(at)piotr-stefaniak(dot)me>
Subject: Re: Preliminary results for proposed new pgindent implementation
Date: 2017-05-19 16:01:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 11:22:54AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> We've had reasonably decent luck with tracking the tzcode/tzdata packages
> as local copies, so I feel like we're not taking on anything unreasonable
> if our model is that we'll occasionally (not oftener than once per year)
> update our copy to recent upstream and then re-indent using that.

I guess by having a copy in our tree we would overtly update our
version, rather than downloading whatever happens to be the most recent
version and finding changes by accident.

If we could download a specific version that had everything we need,
that would work too.

> > What about perltidy itself..? We don't include that in our tree either.
>
> Not being much of a Perl guy, I don't care one way or the other about
> perltidy. Somebody else can work on that if it needs work.

We have agreed on a fixed version of perltidy and I added a download
link to pgindent/README.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Ancient Roman grave inscription +