Google Summer Of Code 2017 & PostgreSQL

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Subject: Google Summer Of Code 2017 & PostgreSQL
Date: 2017-05-06 23:54:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings!

I am very pleased to be able to announce that the PostgreSQL project has
been approved for 4 GSoC projects this year!

The four projects are:

- Add errors handling and parallel execution to COPY

Student: Alexey Kondratov
Mentors: Anastasia Lubennikova, Alexander Korotkov, Alvaro Herrera

- Eliminate O(N^2) scaling from rw-conflict tracking in serializable
transactions

Student: Mengxing Liu
Mentors: Alvaro Herrera, Kevin Grittner

- Explicitly support predicate locks in index AMs besides btree

Student: Shubham Barai
Mentors: Andrey Borodin, Kevin Grittner

- Foreign Keys for Array Elements

Student: Mark Rofail
Mentors: Alexander Korotkov, Stephen Frost, Alvaro Herrera

Please be welcoming to our students as they learn about our community,
project, code, and how to communicate on the mailing lists and begin
their hacking on PostgreSQL!

Feel free to reach out to me or David Steele, as the co-administrator,
with any questions regarding the GSoC program.

Thanks!

Stephen
PostgreSQL GSoC 2017 Administrator