Re: PG 10 release notes

From: 'Bruce Momjian' <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG 10 release notes
Date: 2017-04-26 01:09:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 12:26:33AM +0000, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
> Hello, Bruce
>
> I forgot to point out one thing.
>
> Allow libpq to connect to multiple specified host names (Robert Haas)
> libpq will connect with the first responsive host name.
>
> According to the following CF entry and my memory,

> Authors
> mithun cy (mithun.cy)
>
> Reviewers
> Gerdan Santos (gerdan), Takayuki Tsunakawa (maumau)Remove from reviewers
>
> Committer
> Robert Haas (rhaas)
>
> The author should probably be "(Mithun Cy, Robert Haas, Victor Wagner)"

I based the release note text on this commit:

commit 274bb2b3857cc987cfa21d14775cae9b0dababa5
Author: Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: Thu Nov 3 09:25:20 2016 -0400

libpq: Allow connection strings and URIs to specify multiple hosts.

It's also possible to specify a separate port for each host.

Previously, we'd loop over every address returned by looking up the
host name; now, we'll try every address for every host name.

Patch by me. Victor Wagner wrote an earlier patch for this feature,
which I read, but I didn't use any of his code. Review by Mithun Cy.

Was it wrong?

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Ancient Roman grave inscription +