Re: [pgsql-www] Small issue in online devel documentation build

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Small issue in online devel documentation build
Date: 2017-04-10 02:06:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 06:59:09PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 3:52 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> Attached is a patch that can be applied to pgweb which should fix all of
> this.
>
> Is there any chance we can find a way to do this with actual CSS selectors and
> not use javascript? I realize there might not be, but have we explored the
> option properly on the way the site layout looks now and with reasonably modern
> browsers?

I realize that using JavaScript to insert CSS styles into an HTML
document is complex, but I know of no other way to scale a font style to
match another font style. CSS doesn't give you that control. You can
use CSS to prevent the display of certain font styles, but that hardly
seems like a win. There is probably a way to do the entire thing only
in JavaScript, but again, that doesn't seem any better.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Ancient Roman grave inscription +