Re: BUG #14598: Duplicate values found when reindexing unique index

From: hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz(at)depesz(dot)com>
To: Manoj Verma <manoj(dot)kumar(dot)mbm(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #14598: Duplicate values found when reindexing unique index
Date: 2017-03-27 09:07:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 08:18:49PM +0530, Manoj Verma wrote:
> Dear Michael,
>
> I understand that upgrade is necessary.
>
> But the question is upgradation of postgresql really fix this issue?
>
> Until or unless the root cause is known, it's tough to accept that after
> upgradation of postgresql this issue will never occur.
>
> If it is possible for you, guide me how can I proceed to find the root
> cause.

It is also tough to accept that someone is requesting help with version
of PostgreSQL which is not supported for over 6 years, and has known
bugs. Spending time to support *unsupported* version to find that (in
most likely scenario) the bug has been fixed lont time ago, or (in
less likely scenario) it was hardware error - is just very unlikely to
happen.

Best regards,

depesz