Re: Other formats in pset like markdown, rst, mediawiki

From: Pierre Ducroquet <p(dot)psql(at)pinaraf(dot)info>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Jan Michálek <godzilalalala(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Other formats in pset like markdown, rst, mediawiki
Date: 2017-03-23 16:26:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: tested, passed
Implements feature: tested, passed
Spec compliant: tested, passed
Documentation: tested, passed

Hi

This is my first review (Magnus said in his presentation in PGDay Paris that volunteers should just come and help, so here I am), so please notify me for any mistake I do when using the review tools...

The feature seems to work as expected, but I don't claim to be a markdown and rst expert.
Some minor issues with the code itself :
- some indentation issues (documentation and code itself with mix between space based and tab based indentation) and a few trailing spaces in code
- typographic issues in the documentation :
- "The html, asciidoc, latex, latex-longtable, troff-ms, and markdown and rst formats" ==> duplicated and
- "Sets the output format to one of unaligned, aligned, wrapped, html, asciidoc, latex (uses tabular), latex-longtable, rst, markdown, or troff-ms." ==> extra comma at the end of the list
- the comment " dont add line after last row, because line is added after every row" is misleading, it should warn that it's only for rst
- there is a block of commented out code left
- in the print_aligned_vertical function, there is a mix between "cont->opt->format == PRINT_RST" and "format == &pg_rst" and I don't see any obvious reason for that
- the documentation doesn't mention (but ok, it's kind of obvious) that the linestyle option will not work with rst and markdown

Thanks !

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author