|From:||Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>|
|To:||Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>|
|Cc:||Vitaly Burovoy <vitaly(dot)burovoy(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Shay Rojansky <roji(at)roji(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Julien Rouhaud <julien(dot)rouhaud(at)dalibo(dot)com>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>|
|Subject:||Re: [REVIEW] macaddr 64 bit (EUI-64) datatype support|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
* Stephen Frost (sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net) wrote:
> * Stephen Frost (sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net) wrote:
> > * Haribabu Kommi (kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> > > On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 6:27 AM, Vitaly Burovoy <vitaly(dot)burovoy(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > > > The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer
> > >
> > > Thanks for the review.
> > I've started taking a look at this with an eye towards committing it
> > soon.
> I've spent a good bit of time going over this, possibly even more than
> it was worth, but hopefully we'll see people making use of this data
> type with PG10 and as more IPv6 deployment happens.
And, naturally, re-reading the email as it hit the list made me realize
that the documentation/error-message incorrectly said "3rd and 4th"
bytes were being set to FF and FE, when it's actually the 4th and 5th
byte. The code was correct, just the documentation and the error
message had the wrong numbers. The commit message is also correct.
As a reminder to myself, this will also need a catversion bump when it
gets committed, of course.
Updated patch attached.
|Next Message||Noah Misch||2017-03-12 20:57:50||Re: possible encoding issues with libxml2 functions|
|Previous Message||Pavel Stehule||2017-03-12 19:44:16||bugfix: xpath encoding issue|