Re: patch: function xmltable

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>,PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: patch: function xmltable
Date: 2017-03-02 17:13:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule wrote:

> It is documented already
>
> "If the <literal>PATH</> matches an empty tag the result is an empty string"

Hmm, okay.  But what we have here is not an empty tag, but a tag that is
completely missing.  I don't think those two cases should be treated in
the same way ...

> Attached new patch
>
> cleaned documentation
> regress tests is more robust
> appended comment in src related to generating empty string for empty tag

Thanks, I incorporated those changes.  Here's v46.  I rewrote the
documentation, and fixed a couple of incorrectly copied&pasted comments
in the new executor code; I think that one looks good.  In the future we
could rewrite it to avoid the need for a tuplestore, but I think the
current approach is good enough for a pg10 implementation.

Barring serious problems, I intend to commit this later today.