BUG #14521: pg_attribute.attndims = 0 for array column

From: krzysztof(dot)heim(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #14521: pg_attribute.attndims = 0 for array column
Date: 2017-02-01 10:23:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 14521
Logged by: Krzysztof Heim
Email address: krzysztof(dot)heim(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.1
Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04

Hello,

I have base table A with column type integer array.
I also have table B derived from table A.

When I query pg_attribute for table A, attndims shows 1 (correct), when I do
same query for table B - attndims shows 0 for same column.

Is it a bug, or it's desired behavior (since it's a derived column).

I checked documentation, and it does not say anything about behavior in case
of derived - just says if attndims is > 0 you can assume it's array.

Thanks