Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function

From: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Gilles Darold <gilles(dot)darold(at)dalibo(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function
Date: 2017-01-18 17:56:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 11:08:23 -0600
"Karl O. Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Micheal,
>
> On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:26:43 -0600
> "Karl O. Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com> wrote:
>
> > > v26 patch attached which fixes this.
>
> I was glancing over the changes to the documentation
> you made between the v22 and v25

If it were me I'd have the documentation mention
that the pg_current_logfiles() result is
supplied on a "best effort" basis and under
rare conditions may be outdated. The
sentence in the pg_current_logfles() docs
which reads "pg_current_logfiles reflects the contents
of the file current_logfiles." now carries little
meaning because the current_logfiles docs no
longer mention that the file content may be outdated.

Regards,

Karl <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
Free Software: "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
-- Robert A. Heinlein