Re: pg_dump getBlobs query broken for 7.3 servers

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump getBlobs query broken for 7.3 servers
Date: 2016-10-07 15:11:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> > Just noticed that the getBlobs() query does not work for a 7.3 server
> > (maybe <= 7.3) due to the following change in commit 23f34fa4 [1]:
>
> Ugh.
>
> > I could fix that using the attached patch.
>
> There's more wrong than that, as you'd notice if you tried dumping
> a DB that actually had some LOs in it :-(. This obviously wasn't
> tested on anything older than 9.0.
>
> Will push a fix in a bit, as soon as I can boot up my dinosaur with
> a working 7.0 server to test that branch.

Ugh. Thanks for fixing. I had tested back to 7.4 with the regression
tests but either those didn't include blobs or something got changed
after my testing and I didn't re-test all the way back when I should
have.

I wasn't able to (easily) get anything older than 7.4 to compile on my
box, which is why I had stopped there.

In any case, thanks again for the fix.

Stephen