BUG #14336: Using rls on a table, suddenly the table is missing

From: alain_peters(at)yahoo(dot)fr
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #14336: Using rls on a table, suddenly the table is missing
Date: 2016-09-23 08:00:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 14336
Logged by: Peters Alain
Email address: alain_peters(at)yahoo(dot)fr
PostgreSQL version: 9.5.4
Operating system: 2.6.32-642.el6.x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have define a rls on a table called alain. I test the rls and I don't
known why, suddenly the table disappear . Th table is missing but when I
try to recreate it , i receive the following message : ERROR: type "alain"
already exists
HINT: A relation has an associated type of the same name, so you must use a
name that doesn't conflict with any existing type.

Table name doesn't exist in pg_tables but can be retrive in pg_type .

It's not possible to drop the policy associated with the table that has
dissapeared. I have retrieved the data
of the table that is missing in a table
called pg_catalog.pg_rowsecurity.

My question : how to rename the table pg_catalog.pg_rowsecurity to alain
(name of the table missing) ?

Kind regards

Alain Peters (ziegler Group Belgium)