Re: CVE-2016-1238 fix breaks (at least) pg_rewind tests

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CVE-2016-1238 fix breaks (at least) pg_rewind tests
Date: 2016-09-08 21:49:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2016-09-08 18:13:06 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I suppose -I$(srcdir) should be fine. (Why the quotes?)

Because quoting correctly seems like a good thing to do? Most people
won't have whitespace in there, but it doesn't seem impossible?

> > check-world appears to mostly run (still doing so, but it's mostly
> > through everything relevant).

Passed successfully since.

> > I can't vouch for the windows stuff, and
> > the invocations indeed look vulnerable. I'm not sure if hte fix actually
> > matters on windows, given . is the default for pretty much everything
> > there.
>
> Well, maybe it doesn't matter now but as I understand the fix is going
> to enter the next stable upstream perl, so it'll fail eventually. It'd
> be saner to just fix the thing completely so that we can forget about
> it.

Yea, it'd need input from somebody on windows. Michael? What happens if
you put a line remove . from INC (like upthread) in the msvc stuff?

Regards,

Andres