Re: Implement targetlist SRFs using ROWS FROM() (was Changed SRF in targetlist handling)

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Implement targetlist SRFs using ROWS FROM() (was Changed SRF in targetlist handling)
Date: 2016-08-28 03:38:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2016-08-27 14:48:29 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> My next steps are to work on cleaning up the code a bit more, and
> increase the regression coverage.

Oh, there's one open item I actually don't really know how to handle
well: A decent way of enforcing the join order between the subquery and
the functionscan when there's no lateral dependencies. I've hacked up
the lateral machinery to just always add a pointless dependency, but
that seems fairly ugly. If somebody has a better idea, that'd be great.

Greetings,

Andres Freund