Re: Increasing timeout of poll_query_until for TAP tests

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Increasing timeout of poll_query_until for TAP tests
Date: 2016-07-25 05:38:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier wrote:

> Lately hamster is failing every 4/5 days on the recovery regression
> tests in 003 covering the recovery targets, with that:
> # Postmaster PID for node "standby_2" is 20510
> #
> Timed out while waiting for standby to catch up at
> t/003_recovery_targets.pl line 36.
>
> Which means that poll_for_query timed out for the standby to catch up..
>
> Here is an example of test that failed:
> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=hamster&dt=2016-07-24%2016%3A00%3A07

Yeah, thanks, pushed. However this doesn't explain all the failures we see:

1) In
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=hamster&dt=2016-07-14%2016%3A00%3A06
we see the pg_basebackup test failing. I suppose that failure is also
because of slowness, though of course this patch won't fix it.

2) In
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=hamster&dt=2016-06-29%2016%3A00%3A06&stg=recovery-check
we see a completely different failure:

error running SQL: 'psql:<stdin>:1: ERROR: relation "tab_int" does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT count(*) FROM tab_int
^'
while running 'psql -XAtq -d port=52824 host=/tmp/or2xHglniM dbname=postgres -f - -v ON_ERROR_STOP=1' at /home/buildfarm/data/buildroot/HEAD/pgsql.build/src/test/recovery/../../../src/test/perl/PostgresNode.pm line 1166.

Do we have an explanation for this one?