Re: Using both ident and password in pg_hba.conf

From: "Peter J(dot) Holzer" <hjp-pgsql(at)hjp(dot)at>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using both ident and password in pg_hba.conf
Date: 2016-05-14 07:38:31
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2016-05-09 16:18:39 -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Mon, 9 May 2016 13:02:53 -0700
> Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com> wrote:
> > So define PHP runs as 'nobody'?
>
> Because of the way PHP and Apache works PHP script have to run as the
> Apache user which, in my case anyway, is "nobody" so every PHP script
> runs as nobody.

This is not really true. You can use FastCGI to run PHP for each site as
a different user. For Apache there is also an MPM
(http://mpm-itk.sesse.net/) which lets you run apache processes (and
therefore also any embedded mod_php) under different uids. So while
running everything as nobody is the default, it is possible to use
different users, and I would strongly recommend doing this if you have
multiple customers.

hp

--
_ | Peter J. Holzer | I want to forget all about both belts and
|_|_) | | suspenders; instead, I want to buy pants
__/ | http://www.hjp.at/ | -- http://noncombatant.org/