Re: no password on postgres user and pgagent

From: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Seb <spluque(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: no password on postgres user and pgagent
Date: 2016-05-10 09:08:28
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

Re: Seb 2016-05-10 <87r3daopfm(dot)fsf(at)otaria(dot)sebmel(dot)org>
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to run pgagent with the postgres user, which doesn't have a
> password. I thought it'd be as simple as setting up an init script as:

> #! /bin/sh
>
> pgagent user=postgres host=localhost dbname=postgres

The default pg_hba.conf requires md5 passwords for "host=localhost"
connections. If you remove that connection parameter, a passwordless
UNIX socket connection will be used. (In which case pgagent must be
running as the "postgres" OS user.)

Christoph