Re: pg_dump dump catalog ACLs

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Jose Luis Tallon <jltallon(at)adv-solutions(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump dump catalog ACLs
Date: 2016-05-05 21:22:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Stephen Frost (sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net) wrote:
> In any case, as I was saying, that's far closer to 9.5 run-time. I've
> not measured the time added when things like TRANSFORMs were added, but
> it wouldn't surprise me if adding a new query for every database to
> pg_dump adds something similar to this difference.

Updated patch attached.

This adds the same kind of test suite to a new
'src/test/modules/test_pg_dump' for testing pg_dump with extensions.
I'm going to flesh that out tomorrow with some real tests. Today was
spent mostly setting up that test suite and spending quite a bit of time
cleaning up the src/bin/pg_dump/t tests, to make it easier for others to
review and make sense of the regexp's and whatnot that are included.

Also updated the skipping of LOCK TABLE, per comments from Tom.

I should be able to get the testing that I want added to test_pg_dump
tomorrow and will push all of this once that's included. I'd really
like to make sure that we've got coverage of initial privileges in
extensions with pg_dump, which is why I've been working on this today
and haven't pushed the patch-set yet. I'm pretty sure they work as
expected, but we should be testing it through the buildfarm.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_dump_improvements_v4.patch text/x-diff 113.6 KB