Re: pg_dump broken for non-super user

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Rushabh Lathia <rushabh(dot)lathia(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump broken for non-super user
Date: 2016-05-04 21:31:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Seems reasonable otherwise.

Attached patch implements this change to not LOCK the table in cases
where we don't need to. I'll push this with my other changes to pg_dump
tomorrow (and I've included it in an updated, complete, set of patches
sent on the thread where those changes were being discussed already).

Wanted to include it here also for completeness.

Comments welcome, of course.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_dump_do_not_lock_v1.patch text/x-diff 2.9 KB