Re: ALTER TABLE lock downgrades have broken pg_upgrade

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: ALTER TABLE lock downgrades have broken pg_upgrade
Date: 2016-05-03 17:58:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> And if this is of any use, here are the dump differences from every live
> version to git tip, as of this morning.

Interesting, thanks. I wonder if some of these diffs could be reduced
further by using pg_dump -Fd instead of a single text dump -- then
internal ordering would not matter, and I see that a large part of these
diffs is where GRANTs appear. (I don't think it's a problem to use a
newer pg_dump to dump the older databases that don't support -Fd, for
this purpose.)

How would you recommend to run this in the coverage reporting machine?
Currently it's just doing "make check-world". Could we add a buildfarm
script to run, standalone?